Kitty Stars’ Blog

{hi}

Hebrew assignment

on February 1, 2023

Hi it’s Kitty Stars!!😺😸 Today I’m going to share a little bit about the hebrew parasha my class is learning now and what I think.

The verse that we learned is from the book of beraysheet chapter 29

The part we learned today was about Leah, Yakov’s wife, had 4 sons: Reuvin, Shimon, Levi & Yeahodah, to get Yakov to like her. The reason she asked god to give her children is because she wanted Yakov to like her, why didn’t he like her? Well, 7 years ago, Yakov wanted to marry Rachel, Leah’s sister,but their father, Laavan didn’t approve and said that in order to marry Rachel he, Yakov would need to work another 7 years. After another 7 years of being a Shepard for Laavan, Laavan said yes! Or so, that’s what Yakov thought, when the wedding day came, Laavan knew he would have to marry his older daughter, Leah first. Thinkink that Yakov wouldn’t relise Leah under the pure white veil, he switched Rachel with Leah without a secound thought. The morning Yakov woke up, he relised Rachel wasn’t there and saw Leah instead, relised he had been tricked, he confronted Laavan. After Laavan told him that he couldn’t marry Rachel until he married Leah, Yakov hated Leah ever since so, When Leah had kids he softened up a bit to her. And that’s the parasha for today!

See you next time! MeowOut!